Innovate New Albany
From venture capital to human capital, Innovate New Albany, New Albany’s incubator for early stage technology startups, offers the critical assets for entrepreneurship development and enables young businesses to access and leverage an unmatched level of resources to power growth. It is a one-stop shop where government, area businesses, venture capitalists and private agencies come together to provide the guidance, expertise and services that new businesses need to succeed.
Innovate New Albany features 16,000 square feet of space within the New Albany International Business Park’s Signature Office Building at 8000 Walton Parkway. In partnership with The New Albany Company, the city subsidizes rental rates and provides a wide range of services, including a robust fiber optic network, office space and equipment, conference rooms, workshops and seminars for tenants. The incubator houses the New Albany office of Rev1 Ventures. One of the top five technology incubators in the country, Rev1 Ventures provides fundraising support, investment capital assistance, collaborations with research institutes and coaching and mentoring services.
Among the assets new businesses need to succeed:
- A variety of office options ranging from co-working cubicles and virtual tenancy to private offices for one or more associates and office suites for larger teams.
- Common areas, including a kitchen, that encourage conversation, collaboration and socialization.
- Conference rooms to host meetings with clients, prospects or staff.
- Access to a copier, scanner and secure, 96-strand dark fiber optic network that provides access to more than 200 carriers powered by Wide Open West.
- Workshops and seminars, including Tiger Talks that features accomplished professionals sharing their insights on everything from patents to angel investors as well as training classes and programs run by the Small Business Development Center.